On June 15, the Clinton Public Library reopened with a limited capacity.
As part of the library’s “Phased Reopening Plan,” it allows up to 20 patrons in the building at a time. The following changes have been implemented:
• Everyone coming into the library will be required to wear a mask. We have a very limited supply of masks available for distribution.
• No Contact Curbside Service is still available; however the blue totes have been moved into the lobby for pickup.
• Computer use will no longer require an appointment, but computers are limited. A waiting list will be started once computers fill up, and use will be limited to one hour, with no extensions. Printing/copying/faxing will be available.
• Browsing areas will be open; however, we have removed newspapers and current magazines as they are high-touch items.
We are still cataloging magazines as they come in and back issues are still available for check out.
• Aisles in the library will be one-way only. Please follow directions from signs posted in each area.
Sanitation bins are placed around the library for items that are touched, but not checked out.
• Juvenile DVDs will be available upon request.
• All seating areas in the library have been removed.
The water fountain will be unavailable, but restrooms will be open.
To read more about our COVID-19 response, visit the library’s website at clintonpubliclibrary.org/covid19-preparedness/
As Clinton Public Library reopens, staff would like to remind everyone that those exhibiting any signs of illness should stay home.
If you have items checked out, but are ill, please call the library to talk to us and we will renew your items.
Thank you for your cooperation and helping us keep the library a safe environment for everyone.
Fines, Fees, and Check-out Periods:
Starting June 15, item check out periods returned to normal.
Renewals remain the same.
We ask patrons who still have any of our Wi-Fi hotspots, to please return them for circulation.
After June 15, hotspots may not be placed in the bookdrop when returned. Fines began to accrue on accounts with late items on June 22.
Library programs have shifted to completely online, using the library’s social media platforms:
• Facebook: facebook.com/clintonpubliclibrary/; Instagram: instagram.com/clintonlibrary/
• Twitter: twitter.com/Clinton_Pub_Lib
• Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCujy5O2PYh8PYB8BYYcWvuA
Staff will be at the library during regular business hours to answer phone calls.
The library can be contacted during regular business hours, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday, by calling 865-457-0519, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by messaging the library on any of its social media platforms.
Getting a library card during the pandemic:
For a limited time, Clinton Public Library is allowing patrons to apply for library cards online at clintonpubliclibrary.org/get-a-library-card/.
These cards can be picked up through our No Contact Curbside Service.
Additionally, patrons may apply for an online card through TN READs using a local phone number at reads.overdrive.com.
Library cards issued through TN READs cannot be used to check out items in the library’s physical collection.
The COVID-19 pandemic is still a developing situation.
The library is using the above steps as precautionary measures to keep vulnerable community members well.