The Clinton Middle School and High School Swim Teams recently held their banquet and recognized the teams as well as award winners.
“A big thank you to each and every one of our team parents who have helped the program throughout the year. We could not do this program with you. I, Coach [Nicole] Patalano, and your children applaud your efforts this season. You make meets,” said Jan Smith, head coach.
The Clinton Middle School Awards were as follows:
• Most Improved — Claire Pietrzak (female) and Alex Preston (male)
• High Point — Arianna Smith (87points, female) and Keola Morton (107 points, male)
Clinton Middle School swimmers include Claire Pietzak, Daniel Abercrombie. Harrison Shelton, Jada Allen, Arianna Smith, Abby Bible, Belle Starnes, Brandon Britten, Ethan Yonce, Isaac Childers, Dallas Cole, Matthew Gray, Carl Helus, Trent Herrell, Keola Morton, Kolby Payne, and Alex Preston.
The 2016-2017 Clinton High School Swim Team Awards were also given. They include:
• Most Team Spirited — Nakana Morton (female) and Alec Whaley (male)
• Most Improved — Harmony Fine (female), Ethan Fedesco (male), and Alec Whaley (male)
• High Point/Most Valuable — Karen Abercrombie (133 points, female) and Colby Brown (120 points, male)
• District Championship Third Place Swimmers — Colby Brown (200 Free and 500 Free); Colby Brown, Nakana Morton, Ethan Fedesco, and Alec Whaley (4 x 100 free relay)
• Jacob Reasor, fourth over 11 Dives at District
• Third Place Division III (Teams under 10 Members).
• CHS Swim Team Captains — Karen Abercrombie, Brynn Biddle, and Samantha Johnson
• State Awards — Jacob Reasor (fourth in diving state championships, All-State)
The CHS Swim Team includes Karen Abercrombie, Brynn Biddle, Colby Brown, Ethan Fedesco, Harmony Fine, Samantha Johnson, Nakana Morton, Jacob Reasor, and Alec Whaley.