We frequently think of buying local during the holiday season, but as a member of our community, it’s vital you know the value of shopping local year-round! Here’s 10 reasons why it’s important to shop local and support small businesses!
10. When you shop a locally-owned business, more money is retained within the community. Local businesses often purchase goods and services from other local businesses. On average, a $100 purchase made in a locally-owned retail location means $68 remains in our community.
9. Local businesses support local schools and non-profit organizations. It’s often the local businesses who make donations to school and community events and partner with non-profit organizations on various fundraising and awareness campaigns throughout the year.
8. Great customer service. Our local businesses want your business and provide great customer service, before, during and after the sale. Give them a chance to “wow” you with what they are able to do!
7. You’ll find unique gift items. Many of our locally-owned businesses have exclusive product lines that will help you gift one-of-a-kind items.
6. In today’s society, so much of our interactions are done virtually. Shopping in locally- owned businesses allows for one-on-one interactions, allowing you to create personal relationships with business owners, who are investing in this community we all call “home”.
5. When you shop a locally-owned business, you are helping that business owner create jobs. Small business owners are the largest group of employers nationally. They are the backbone of our economy.
4. It is an investment in our community. Not only does the local business owner contribute to the local tax base, but supporting local businesses also allows those businesses to remain in our community.
3. A marketplace with dozens of small businesses is the best environment to ensure innovation and fair prices over the long-term.
2. It saves you money! By shopping in our local retailers, you are saving money on gas, wear-and-tear on your vehicle, and valuable driving time outside of our community. Shopping locally gives you more time to enjoy the things you want to do!
1. Keeping your money locally means your community thrives. And that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
BUY LOCAL – SHOP LOCAL – LIVE LOCAL - GIFT LOCAL! Not just at the holiday season but all year long! It’s more than a concept – it’s a way of life! Support the businesses that reinvest in our community’s economic vitality, while maintaining the unique character and quality of life in Anderson County! Shop Anderson County first to support local business and keep tax dollars working in our community!
Janet S. Hawkins, Executive Vice President Retail Development Anderson County Chamber of Commerce 245 N. Main St., Ste. 200 Clinton, TN 37716 PH: 865-457-2559.