Bear Stephenson of Stephenson Realty and Auction, a former national winner in the 4-H poultry project, conducted the auction following the show. The proceeds from the auction helped members offset the cost of the project.
Top honors during the 2018 4-H Poultry Show included:
• Overall Show Grand Champion Pullets – Max Giles; Reserve Champion – Dalton Land
• Rhode Island Red: Grand Champion – Dalton Land; Reserve Champion – Lily Vandagriff
• Black Sex Link: Grand Champion – Max Giles; Reserve Champion – Emma Harper
• Barred Rock: Grand Champion – Gavin Hill; Reserve Champion – Ashley Gaetz
• Record Book:
1) Division 1: Grand Champion – Elizabeth Maples; Reserve Champion – Carter Melton
2) Division 2: Grand Champion – JoJo Hunley; Reserve Champion – Emma Harper
3) Division 3: Grand Champion – Abby Foust; Reserve Champion – Gavin Hill
1) Division 1: Grand Champion – Max Giles; Reserve Champion – Carter Melton
2) Division 2: Grand Champion – Emma Harper; Reserve Champion – Scarlett King
3) Division 3: Grand Champion – Lily Vandagriff; Reserve Champion – Gavin Hill
The top honor in the competition is the Premier Exhibitor, which recognizes overall success in the 4-H Poultry Project. Scoring reflects how the member’s pullets fared in judging, along with the member’s involvement in poultry judging and project group meetings, record book, and showmanship. The 2018 Premier Exhibitor was Emma Harper.
Registration to participate in the next 4-H Chick Chain will begin in January. Participation is open to Anderson County boys and girls in grades 4-12.
Children do not have to attend a school that hosts 4-H to be allowed to participate in the project. For additional information about the 4-H Chick Chain, or any 4-H program, please contact Donna Carter, the 4-H Extension Agent, at 457-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.